Therapy For Self-Esteem
“True belonging doesn’t require you to change who you are; it requires you to be who you are.” ~ Brené Brown
- Self-love is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself.
- Part of growth is releasing others’ opinions of you so you can fully own who you are.
- It’s time to quiet that inner critic!
“The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.”
~ Rita Mae Brown
- Live your life based on what you think you “should” do or are “obligated” to do?
- Think or act in ways you assume others expect of you?
- Do everything possible to please and avoid disappointing others, making mistakes or appearing imperfect?
- Believe that you must have love or approval from all the people in your life?
- Value yourself based on your appearance, weight, or the # of social media “likes”?
- Constantly compare yourself to others?
- Have difficulty accepting compliments or having any attention drawn to you?
- Distract or numb through: compulsive eating/restricting, excessively exercising, shopping, using alcohol or drugs, or being “productive”?
- Have difficulty setting boundaries or saying no to others?
- Have difficulty making decisions or figuring out what you TRULY want or need?
Take a moment to reflect on the relationship you have with yourself — it’s often overlooked, but it’s the most important one you’ll ever have.
Self-love (and acceptance) has the power to bring inner peace, happiness, and fulfillment into your
Origins of Self-Esteem
Healthy self-esteem is learned. You may have low self-esteem and lack self-confidence as a result of things that have happened to you in the past, or due to the ways you’ve internalized messages directed at you early on in
As a result, you are constantly striving for perfectionism and have a fixed idea of how you “should” be and all the ways that you “fall short.”
~Each of us simply wants to be seen, understood, accepted, appreciated and valued just as we are.
~ You can learn to love and accept who you are. Its not too
late . . .
Imagine if you were to learn how to get comfortable living your authentic life, feeling safe and content in your body, doing exactly what you truly want, without any fears of what others may, or may not, think, say, or judge you
on . . . finally feeling like yourself.
By being intentional with your thoughts and actions, you can cultivate self-compassion and treat yourself with the kindness and respect you deserve.
Your confidence will grow and you’ll find joy in spending time with yourself.
What if everything actually went
right . . .
“You either walk into your story and own your truth, or you live outside of your story, hustling for your worthiness.” ~ Brené Brown
It takes courage, resilience and dedication to tap into (and honor) the person within.
Are you ready to:
- Overcome the anxiety and self-doubt you deal with, which you don’t allow anyone else see?
- Silence that inner bully in your head who tells you you’ll never be good enough?
- BE yourself without trying to PROVE yourself?
- Learn the tools and skills to finally put yourself first WITHOUT feeling guilty?
- Learn to listen to your inner gut intuition and act according to your authentic truth?
- Identify where you’re not living out your values?
- Explore how to have healthy relationships?
- Learn healthy ways to communicate directly and set boundaries with others?
Therapy for Low Self-Esteem:
Therapy and changing your beliefs, behavior, and how you think about yourself can greatly increase your self-esteem. It’s important to recognize that how YOU feel, what YOU think, and what YOU
Drawing on various theories, including:
Self-Compassion, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Person-Centered Therapy, Mindfulness, communication-skills and vulnerability, we will identify your patterns of negative self-talk, beliefs, and the behaviors that reinforce your low self-esteem.
You will learn to evaluate and challenge your thinking and the belief systems that have contributed to low self-esteem and self-worth.
You will also learn about ways to change unhealthy and self-sabotaging behaviors that keep you stuck in the negative self-destructive loop.
You’ll realize what does, and doesn’t, serve you and feel empowered to let things go.
Are you ready to find the self-love you need and deserve in order to open yourself up to the life you want?
Therapy for self-esteem can help
you . . .
- Let go of “never good enough” beliefs
- Stop constantly feeling anxious/worried
- Stop chasing external validation
- Find (and embrace) self-acceptance
- Never settle again